New Family Information
This page is just for you and includes helpful information and useful links to important forms you'll need as you prepare for next school year.
Please check back often for new documents added as they are updated for the upcoming school year. And keep these important dates handy:
- Information for the upcoming school year will be added to this web page beginning in April.
- In mid-May, new parents will be notified of their login information for our web-based academic and account management system.
- In early July new parents will be notified of their parent login information for full access to our website parent portal.
- All information will be completely updated and fully accessible on this web page in July.
- We look forward to seeing you in August!
Questions? Please email the Admissions Office or call (919) 782-3331.
- Required Health Forms
- Summer Reading
- Lower School Uniform Information
- Dress Code
- Supply Lists
- Textbooks and iPads
- Food Services
- Student Driving/Parking Privileges
St. David's School is pleased to partner with Magnus Health SMR (Student Medical Record) to offer a secure, online database for all medical record completion, submission and maintenance. Beginning in June, prior to the start of the new school year, parents of new incoming students will receive detailed instructions regarding access to Magnus Health SMR, including details for submission of all required medical forms and information. Parents have continuous access to their child’s health record along with the ability to make updates as needed.
Required medical forms and information are outlined below. Forms are available on Magnus Health SMR and are due prior to the student's first day of school.
- Vital Health Record: This online form is required annually for all students.
- Immunization Record: This form, to be included with the Annual Physical Exam Form, is required for all new students, all Kindergartners, and all 7th graders. Immunizations and immunization records are required in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina. Pre-K students are required to provide record of age appropriate up-to-date immunizations.
- Annual Physical Exam Form: This form is required for all new students, as well as annually for all student-athletes in grades 6-12. This form is due prior to the first day of practice and/or tryouts.
- Medication Authorization Forms (over-the-counter & prescription): In compliance with North Carolina state law, all medications (over-the-counter and prescription) that are to be given during school and/or on field trips must be accompanied with a written doctor’s order using this form. For more information, please review the Health Form FAQs.
St. David’s School believes in the pursuit of excellence in every facet of school life, including school dress. Students are expected to attend school properly attired in clothes that are neat, clean, and in good repair. A St. David’s School student is expected to accept this responsibility, and the school depends upon the cooperation of parents, and the entire school community in adhering to the spirit of this code. For specific details for each division, please review the appropriate Divisional Family Handbooks listed above.
Students in Pre-K through 4th grade do not purchase textbooks. All required textbooks are provided by the school.
In the Lower School, students in grades Pre-K to 4 utilize school-owned Apple iPads and MacBookPro laptops throughout the curriculum. Additionally, Lower School classrooms are equipped with 70-inch interactive displays. In the Middle School, students in grades 5-7 are required to own an iPad. As 8th grade students prepare for the transition to Upper School, they may choose one of the following: an iPad or a laptop running Mac or Windows operating system. In the Upper School, students in grades 9-12 are required to have one of the following: an iPad or a laptop running Mac or Windows operating system.
All students have access to a robust technology environment, including iMac labs in both libraries that have a dual-operating systems (Windows and Mac), wireless infrastructure and print services. Additionally, all students have access to up to five licenses/downloads of Microsoft Office at no cost, through the School’s agreement with Microsoft. All Middle and Upper School students are provided with a school email address, a 30 GB cloud-storage account, print services, and licensed software required by the school. In addition, a limited quantity of Windows-based laptops and MacBook Pro laptops are available for students to check out from the Main Library for single-day use while on campus.
St. David's School is pleased to partner with SAGE Dining Services to offer custom designed, healthy menus for St. David's School, including offerings for students with allergies. Lunch service is included in the cost of tuition. For additional information please see the SAGE Dining Services Welcome, or access the SAGE Dining Services website.
Due to the limited number of parking spaces, freshmen and sophomores are not permitted to park on campus, and only a limited number of juniors are provided with an on-campus parking space. Each student who drives to school must complete and submit a Vehicle Registration Form for his/her car in the Upper School Office and pay a fee. Complete details are outlined in the Upper School Family Handbook.