Thank you for your interest in St. David's School! We are pleased that you are interested in learning more about our school. Established in 1972, St. David's School is a purposeful blend of a small educational setting, coupled with superior academics, athletics and fine arts programs. We are committed to academic excellence, small class sizes, and individualized attention.
It is a pleasure to share St. David’s School with potential students and their families every day -- to share the details of an excellent and comprehensive academic curriculum, an annual 100% college acceptance rate, our award-winning Fine Arts and Athletic programs, as well as the extensive student leadership opportunities. Above all, we share our mission statement, for it is truly the essence of who we are.
St. David’s School is an independent Episcopal school that prepares young men and women for college and life by providing challenging opportunities to excel in the vital areas of faith, virtue, and knowledge. Our students are encouraged to explore the depths of the Christian faith. We challenge them to better understand the concept of virtue as they grow and mature, and progress through school. We know that they will be exposed to a rigorous, college preparatory curriculum. Faith, Virtue, Knowledge -- these are the hallmarks of the St. David’s education, and they are what make us unique.
St. David's School stands apart as a result of the following:
• Integrated Lower, Middle and Upper School curriculum, serving grades Pre-K through 12
• Average class size of 14
• Twenty Advanced Placement courses with 90 percent of AP students scoring 3 or higher on at least one AP exam
• 100% annual college acceptance rate
• Honor Code and student-led Honor Council
• Daily Chapel services
• Outstanding interscholastic Athletics program which has won the 2005, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Wells Fargo/Wachovia Cup for Division 2A Athletics in North Carolina
• Award Winning Fine Arts Program including band, choral music, drama and visual arts
• Weekly Enrichment in the Lower School including music, art, library, technology, science lab, Spanish and daily PE
• Highly qualified and dedicated faculty with over 75 percent of Upper School faculty and nearly 50 percent of faculty school-wide holding advanced degrees
• Dual accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
and the Southern Association of Independent Schools
• Member of the National Association of Independent Schools
and the National Association of Episcopal Schools
We want each prospective family to learn as much as possible about St. David’s School in order to make the best educational decision for your child and your family. The best way to do this is by visiting our campus
. We would enjoy the opportunity to show you and your family around our campus and answer any questions you have. In the meantime, we encourage you to explore our website, learn "Just the Facts"
about St. David's School, and refer to our Admissions Guidelines
for additional information.
, Director of Lower School Admissions
St. David's School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or national origin in its educational programs, admissions policies, financial assistance, employment or any of its school activities.