Thank you for your interest in St. David's School! We are pleased that you are interested in learning more about our school. Established in 1972, St. David's School is a purposeful blend of a small educational setting, coupled with superior academics, athletics and fine arts programs. We are committed to academic excellence, small class sizes, and individualized attention.
It is a pleasure to share St. David’s School with potential students and their families every day -- to share the details of an excellent and comprehensive academic curriculum, an annual 100% college acceptance rate, our award-winning Fine Arts and Athletic programs, as well as the extensive student leadership opportunities. Above all, we share our mission statement, for it is truly the essence of who we are.
St. David’s is an independent school in the Episcopal school tradition that prepares young men and women for college and life by challenging them to excel in the vital areas of faith, virtue and knowledge. Our students are encouraged to explore the depths of the Christian faith. We challenge them to better understand the concept of virtue as they grow and mature, and progress through school. We know that they will be exposed to a rigorous, college preparatory curriculum. Faith, Virtue, Knowledge -- these are the hallmarks of the St. David’s education, and they are what make us unique.
St. David's School stands apart as a result of the following:
• Integrated Lower, Middle and Upper School curriculum, serving grades Pre-K through 12
• Average class size of 14
• Comprehensive curriculum including standard, advanced and honors level classes, as well as 20 AP courses
• 100% annual college acceptance rate
• SAT scores averaging 1220 and ACT scores averaging 26
• Honor Code, student led Honor Council, and daily chapel services
• Outstanding interscholastic Athletics program which has been awarded the 2015 Wells Fargo Cup for excellence in Division 2A Athletics in North Carolina
• Award winning Fine Arts program including band, choral music, drama and visual arts
• Weekly enrichment classes in the Lower School including music, art, library, technology, science lab, Spanish and daily PE
• Highly qualified and dedicated faculty with over 80 percent of Upper School faculty and over 55 percent of faculty school-wide holding advanced degrees
• Dual accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
and the Southern Association of Independent Schools
• Member of the National Association of Independent Schools
and the National Association of Episcopal Schools
We want each prospective family to learn as much as possible about St. David’s School in order to make the best educational decision for your child and your family. The best way to do this is by visiting our campus
. We would enjoy the opportunity to show you and your family around our campus and answer any questions you have. In the meantime, we encourage you to explore our website, take the opportunity to hear from parents, faculty and alumni, and discover "Why St. David's!"
Learn "Just the Facts
" about St. David's School, and refer to our Admissions Guidelines
for additional information.
Please fill out our Information Request Form
or call the Admissions Office at 919-782-3331 to request an information and application packet. We look forward to meeting you and working with you as you further investigate St. David's School as your educational choice.
, Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management
St. David's School is committed to its admission policy as non-discriminatory on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, nationality or ethnic origin, and to administering its policies and programs accordingly.